Sunday 22 January 2012

The Music That Made Richard Faraday, Ghost Detective

This is just a test for something that could potentially appear in the final package. I don't know if I like it.

Music was an integral part of the story-writing process. I purposely avoided all the films and television shows that came from the pool of inspiration I normally work from, instead using music to drive me forward. There were obviously some albums I listened to more than others and there were certainly some tracks that played a massive, emotional role in the process, for example Mogwai’s I Know You Are But What Am I? came on during a particularly intense bout of writing, during one of the narrative’s more melancholic moments. It was perfectly fitting and kept me writing, which I think is the most important thing here. I might mix things up next time around, but for the time being, these are the albums that got me through the month.

A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step
Adele - Live At The Royal Albert Hall
Akira Yamaoka - Silent Hill 2 Complete Soundtrack
Akira Yamaoka, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Joe Romersa - Silent Hill 4: The Room OST
Akira Yamaoka, Mary Elizabeth McGlynn and Joe Romersa - Silent Hill: Shattered Memories OST
Amanda Palmer - Amanda Palmer Goes Down Under
Amanda Palmer - Who Killed Amanda Palmer [Alternate Tracks]
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Childish Gambino - Camp
Daedelus - Denies The Day’s Demise
Danzig - Circle of Snakes
Dead Man’s Bones - Dead Man's Bones
Death From Above 1979 - You're A Woman, I'm A Machine
Deftones - Around The Fur
Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist
Deftones - White Pony 
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Harry Gregson-Williams - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty OST
Harry Gregson-Williams, Norihiko Hibino, Cynthia Harrell, TAPPY, and Starsailor - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater Original Soundtrack
Interpol - Antics
Interpol - Turn On the Bright Lights
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Justice – Audio, Video, Disco
Kenji Kawai - Ghost in the Shell: Innocence OST
Kristin Flammio - Live At Southpaw
Lana Del Ray - Video Games
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
M83 - Before the Dawn Heals Us
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Ride the Lightning
Michael Giacchino - Star Trek score
Mogwai - Happy Songs for Happy People
Nine Inch Nails - Another Version of the Truth [Las Vegas]
Nine Inch Nails - Another Version of the Truth [The Gift]
Nine Inch Nails - Broken
Nine Inch Nails - Deep (from Tomb Raider)
Nine Inch Nails - Fixed
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Nine Inch Nails - The Slip
Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth
Nine Inch Nails - Y34RZ3R0R3M1X3D
Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero
Nobuko Toda, Shuichi Kobori, Kazuma Jinnouchi, and Harry Gregson-Williams - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Original Soundtrack
Pearl Jam - Ten
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze
Reuben - In Nothing We Trust
Rob Zombie's Halloween II OST
Rob Zombie's Halloween OST
She Wants Revenge - She Wants Revenge
Sia - Lady Croissant
Slipknot - Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)
The Frames - Burn The Maps
The Frames - Set List
The Good The Bad - From 001 to 017
The Lost Highway 
The Mary Onettes - Islands
The Mary Onettes - The Mary Onettes
The Rza Presents Afro Samurai: Resurrection OST
Tiger Lou - Is My Head Still On?
Trent Reznor - Quake OST
Unkle - War Stories
Zero 7 - The Garden

I was considering, at one point, to only write to Akira Yamaoka's Silent Hill scores, but if I did that you probably wouldn't see me today (have you tried listening to that stuff for long periods of time? Jesus!) so it became this grand mixtape of all sorts of genres. Good times I think, but still... what could I have done better?

No comments:

Post a Comment