Friday 6 January 2012

The Month That Is; How I Wrote Richard Faraday, Ghost Detective - January 6th 2012 - C

Good news, Sam's agreed to edit this beast!

Sam was an indispensable when I was writing my first novel. He helped me realised that a) The story should take place in England because write what you know, not what you watch; and b) Every single scene takes place at night. What was up with that?

This is going to make things a lot easier. I need to write up a timeline though, that's what he always says... I normally just throw myself into it, but then if you do that then you find yourself... writing every single scene at night. Which is stupid. I mean seriously. What was up with that?

No progress yet though. Was able to eke out some words last night, if you were keeping track, and I'm on track, easily, for my 30,000 target by Sunday. Hell, let's call it 40,000 and get daring.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment