Thursday 20 May 2010

"The Chain" - SEVENTY THOUSAND+ WORDS

I hit the 3k mark I needed to, and am now delving into the depths of 70k. Want to hit 80, and have it be done, but I don't know if I can stretch the narrative out that far. Would be a shame if, having done so much, I can't push a bit more, but it feels like I'm more concerned with the sequel (I know, I know, shut me up) than the first right now. Maybe because all the baggage will be unloaded? Because it will be simpler? Characters seem to be doing what they want to do right and not what I want them to do...

I mean, honestly, why would Lucifer betray Taylor? It makes sense because he's the Devil and CONFLICT!! but really it felt like it came from nowhere... but did it? Maybe I need to write more like that. But then I'll lose myself entirely. At least I've got all the major plot points out there. That's a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment