Saturday 14 March 2009

Hello Darkness, My Old Friend.

First Psychotronik Comics Presents #1 review now online here (scroll down), check it out, tell me what you think! Here's something I found pretty awesome:

“The Lucifer Cage: The Day the Earth Went Away.” by Charlie Wilkins and Craig Cermak is my second favorite of the four tales in this collected crypt of Comic Related horror. Once again perfectly placed in the book. Starts out very strong...but then falls a little short with a story that ends up relying on a plotline very much in the vein of Clive Barker’s Hellraiser films.

I did think that the photo of writer Charlie Wilkins hanging with the Man Behind the Mask…Mister Alice Cooper was pretty freakin’ cool.


I was surprised at how young Charlie was…..in two ways. That a guy like him gets into music like Cooper….extra-points just added to your coolness score, Charlie…and a guy as young as he is…writing stuff like Lucifer’s Cage…more coolness points. This young man has a lot of time to grow into the writer he hints he can become with this story.

I have never seen Hellraiser. Always wanted to, never got round to it. The point he’s talking about (the box) is named after Danzig's second album Danzig II: Lucifuge, and then wikpedia’d about, but it’s an awesome piece of criticism, and everything negative he talks about is something we were aware of and working to fix. I am happy like a little girl!

Follow the link for a Podcast which involves an interview with Brandon Herren, the mastermind behind Psychotronik, and Chris Paugh, the wacky sidekick (if you're reading this Chris, you know I jest...), and realise that all this talk of me being a published writer? Not bull shit.

Brilliance.

7 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know, i'm really proud of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, Kevin?

    ... seriously, what can I say?!

    TELL ME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    Is it something you'll contribute regularly to?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am one of the main contributors to it, we're working on #2 as we speak...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How regularly will it be released?

    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're going Quarterly but it's harder than it looks. #1 is out (I'll post the link later, ha) and #2 is a bit slower coming out.

    ReplyDelete