Wednesday 22 August 2012

I think I lost sight of what I wanted to do with my life this past year or so.

Not to say that I've had some massive misstep or not fulfilled some ultimate destiny I set out for myself, but I think that I've become distracted, more focused on my job for instance, not made any headway on other projects.

I fucking wrote a novel though. Two novels. Three novels if you count The Chain (and I do!), so that's fucking something, isn't it?

But I didn't make those short films I wanted to make (working on rectifying that now).

Being dedicated to my job isn't a bad thing. What's concerning is when it overtakes my entire life to the point that it's the only thing I concentrate on. Writing time is hard to come by, I'm run down to all hell by whatever this bug is that I've got, and I've not got any time to go see a doctor.

But if I can finally make some headway on putting myself out there some more creatively... then I should... should... be okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment